te amo como se aman ciertas cosas oscuras
secretamente, entre la sombra y el alma

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Guimaras Es-cah-pay (It's spelled just like the word ESCAPE)



Dory: [Reading a door] Hey, look. "Esc-a-pay". Hey, it's spelled just like escape...





Earlier this year, I visited Guimaras. Twice. The first was a three-day visit, and the second (it was after a month), a five-day visit. Obligation. Well, sort of, but not really. Each visit was a welcomed E-S-C-A-P-E (es-cah-pay!) for me. A break, though sans KitKat. I have only been to Iloilo and Guimaras four times in my life, and truth is, I have not seen much of the place as I would have liked to. But I take what I can get.

Guimaras is a small island famous for its super-sweet mangoes. Truism. You can get there through plane via Iloilo. From the Iloilo airport you can take a cab or van to Iloilo City harbor (Ortiz Wharf) which will take an hour or so, and then a take boat ride (about 15 minutes, I think) to Jordan, which is the main port of entry in Guimaras. Once you get there, it is a free reign. Be Dora the explorer--no need for a map, just your trusty backpack. You will be fine and dandy.

I enjoyed my stay there. I did plenty of walking (I am very fond of walking, I am saying this the Elizabeth Bennet way), eating (fresh fish, fresh vegetables), and sleeping. I find that the place is very conducive to introspection. The houses are far apart, the air everywhere is fresh, the roads are clean and "new-ish", the stars seemed to shine brighter there; and goodness...I have not seen so much of the color green since goodnesswhen. And it was exhilarating. Truly so. It is a peaceful place; and no, not in the "if a yawn could yawn" peaceful kind of way. A beautiful, peaceful place.


My old "Clicking-Away" ways....Click 1, 2, 3, 4

Like the windmills of your mind. In the municipality of San Lorenzo. Cool.

Alobijod Cove. My first taste of salt-water in almost two years. Just keep swimming, Dory.


What can I say? It was a great Es-cah-pay!

Dory, you are such an inspiration, mate!
And that is all folks. I wish you all a wonderful e-s-c-a-p-e, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment